In this blog, we will talk about the Different types of pests as per their Appearance. Pests are a big problem. They are not only harmful to your health but also cause damage to your property. This is essential that any problem you may be having with pest management be dealt with speedily and effectively as they can be. Here are some facts that surrounded by a number of pests. Here is the list of different types of pests:
Types of pest
There are multiple types of pests that we see around us. Let’s have a look at every type of pest:-
Ants are common insects, but they still have some unique abilities. More than 10,000 species of ants are known around the world. They are very common in tropical forests, where they can be up to half of all pests that live in a few places. Ants carry many diseases like Metarhizium, Fungs, etc. Ants pet control, They can enter your home through the tiniest cracks.
Their colony can live a relatively long lifetime. Ants are divided into three colony caste: queens, workers, or males in which worker ants are wingless females that gather food, maintain the nest, defend the colony. The only job of the male ant is to mate with the queen. Queens are fertile females that lay all the eggs in the colony.
- Color- few species are Brown, black and some tropical species have a metallic luster.
- Size- 6 to 12 mm.
- Disease- pathogenic fungus Metarhizium, etc.
- Location- Ants are found on all continents except Antarctica.
Bees are flying pests closely associated with wasps and ants, acknowledged for their part in pollination. In the case of the best-called bees species, the western honey bee, for offering the honey and beeswax. Bees are a monophyletic circle of relatives within the superfamily Apoidea and are directly notion a clade, called Anthophila. Bees pest control in a go.
- Color- Ultraviolet light, blue and green, yellow, black.
- Size- 0.8 inch long.
- Disease- American Foulbrood is a serious disease, and common disease is Paenibacillus larvae.
- Location- found in gardens, woodlands, orchards, meadows, and other areas.
Wasps make up an enormously numerous array of pests, with some 30,000 recognized species. We are maximum common with those which might be wrapped in bright caution colors—ones that buzz angrily and threaten us with painful Wasps stings.
- Color-blue, yellow, red.
- Size- 1/4 inch to 1 inch long.
- Disease- Strepsipterans, Xenos vesparum.
- Location- They are found in wall recesses, roof spaces, under eaves, in bird cages, barns or garages.
4. Bed Bugs
Bed bugs are a kind of insect that feeds on human blood, typically at night time. Their bites can end result in a number of health influences including skin rashes, psychological effects, and allergic symptoms.
- Color-brown color.
- Size- 0.1 inches.
- Disease- itching.
- Location- found in common areas like mattresses, box springs, and folded areas.
Cockroaches are the largest in size, having six legs, two antennae and some have wings. Their mouth directed down and backward. Cockroaches carry many types of bacteria that cause different types of diseases. They are most commonly found near waste deposits or in the kitchen where food is present.
- Color-brown color.
- Size- 25 to 2 inches.
- Disease- Salmonella Typhi, diarrhea, etc.
- Location- They are found in common areas like home basements, restaurants, drains, and pipes.
Flea pest is the common name for the order Siphonaptera, which includes 2,500 species of small flightless bugs that live on as external parasites of mammals and birds. Fleas survive by swallowing the blood of their host.
- Color-brown color.
- Size- 1/16 to 1/8 inch.
- Disease- Diseases and infections, Bartonella.
- Location- They are found in common areas like home outside, Yard, etc.
Scientifically speaking, flies are called Diptera, that is, Diptera. This huge group consists of around 120,000 species worldwide. Files can enter houses for food products or drift in through open windows and doors. F flies are common in North America. Very painful after a horsefly bite
- Color- dark gray in color.
- Size- 16 to 12 are the most common.
- Disease- Cholera, Dysentery, Tuberculosis, Typhoid fever.
- Location- found in Antarctica.
Millipedes are a subgroup of arthropods, including millipedes, cents and others. The group consists of over 16,000 species, most of that are terrestrial. They have got myriad 10,000 legs. Myriapods limits for having up to 750 legs.
- Color- brown and black in color.
- Size- 30 m size.
- Disease- noxious secretions,
- Location- Found in deserts, and seashore.
Rodents pests are creatures of the order Rodentia, that are characterized by AN unmarried combine of regularly growing incisors in every higher and reduce jaws. Around 40% of all animal species are rodents. They are determined in widespread quantities in all regions except Antarctica.
- Color- white, gray, brown or black in color.
- Size- 40 cm size.
- Disease- Hantavirus, lymphocytic choriomeningitis, tularemia.
- Location- Found in Antarctica.
Snails are any of a variety of snails that live on land, which are not good for marine snails and freshwater snails. Snail is a general term for terrestrial gastropod molluscs. Mollusks have no shells and are called. Most snails have lungs.
- The color- common color is brown.
- Size- 12 inches long.
- Disease- Snail fever, bilharzia, parasitic flatworms called schistosomes. And symptoms include abdominal pain, diarrhea, etc.
- Location- Found in ditches, deserts, and the abyssal depths of the sea.
A woodlice pest is a lobster from the monophyletic suborder Oniscidea in the isopods. The first woodlice were marine isopods that are supposed to settle land inside the Carboniferous.
- Color- Brown Color
- Size- 1 cm.
- Disease- They do not carry disease.
- Location- Found in common areas like sea slater.
Silverfish is a small, wingless pest. It is unusual to name that derives from the animal’s silvery light grey color, mixed with the fish-like look of its movements. The scientific name is L. Saccharina indicates the silverfish’s food regimen. Silverfish prefer a diet filled with carbohydrates along with sugar or starches.
- Color- Commonly silverfish come gray color.
- Size- Normally size is 13-25 mm mean 0.5 to 1.0 inch long.
- Disease- They do not harm any human but being said, they can trigger allergic effects in a few people.
- Location- They found in America, Australia, Eurasia. They inhabit humid areas, need a corresponding humidity between 75% and 95%.
As described above, there are many types of pests. Pests are a common thing. But Pests are not good for your family as well as for your pets. In summer pests come to your home, destroy your food, and harm your health. So we describe each pest carries many types of bacteria and spread different types of diseases. We also discussed their locations where they can be found which helps you to find pests in your home. We hope this article helped you to know about different species of pests.