Spiders do not feed on humans and usually bites as a defense mechanism. This can occur from unintentional contact or trapping of the spider. Wolf spider, one of the species of spider whose venom causes the allergy, like skin redness and itchy skins. So, its a matter of health to avoid spider bite. On the same note let’s see how to prevent spider bites at home and in bed.
Tips To Avoid Spider Bite
Small steps to prevent spiders:-
- Find the spider webs and remove them. Spider web can be found in the attic and garage.
- Keep firewood outside to prevent spiders from getting inside. (Spiders tie webs in piles of wood.)
- You should wear long-sleeve shirts and pants. If you are working in wooded areas then use gloves.
- Use an insect killer pest on your clothes.
Symptoms of Spider Bites
Spider bites are similar to other insect bites. It looks red skin and dry skin. But if the victim is in a lot of pain and has other problems, the victim should be worried when a local reaction continues to worsen for more than 24 hours.
Redness extending off from the bite, burning sensation from the bite, redoubled pain, numbness, or discoloration near the bite that appears sort of a halo or bull’s eye.
The victim should consult a doctor. Look for some of the common symptoms below:-
- Body aches
- Stomach cramps
- Leg cramps
- Rapid pulse
You have seen lots of symptoms of spider bites. But now you will see the most poisonous spider, Wolf Spider, if you want to know the symptoms of their bites then read below.
Symptoms of a wolf spider bite:-
Wolf spider is of shy nature, hence they will not bite you but in case they have a bitten you, then you must see the below symptoms of wolf spider bites.
- A red line that spreads through the bite, which is also an early sign of blood transfusion
- A bump that increases in size and looks like hives
- Swelling on the face, especially around the mouth
- Shortness of breath
- Dizziness or fainting.
Natural Treatment for Spider bites:
There are a lot of chemical-based pesticides are available. But these chemicals are dangerous for human health. Besides, there are a lot of natural pests control methods available see below.
- Planting: Planting a plant can help if you have been stung by a bee or bitten by an insect or even have planted an animal such as a snake. Planting of poultice can be ejected before they have a chance to harm the toxin, reducing inflammation, preventing anaphylactic shock, or delaying a severe reaction until medical care can be reached.
- Baking Soda(Spider Bite Treatment):Baking soda is the most effective treatment for spider bites. This alkaline substance can help flush out the toxin, which will help reduce pain, itching, and swelling.
- Activated Charcoal: Activated charcoal has absorption properties that help to flush out and remove toxins from the body.
- Comfrey: Comfrey is a perennial herb that is usually found in moist grasslands in western Asia as well as in North America. It has vine-shaped reddish-purple or yellow flowers. It may contain small amount of toxic pyrrolizidine alkaloids. Comfrey has ability to heal some diseases like decubitus ulcers (bedsores), diabetic ulcers, brown recluse spider bites, and terrible staph infections that affect people People who live in tropical Beach.
- Meat Tenderizer: Meat tenderizers have found papain and enzyme that breaks down proteins (such as in your T-Bone Steak). But enzyme bug bites may break down toxins and crop on cutaneous sensation. Use the tenderizer only on mosquito bites, bee stings, and non-spice spider bites.
- Herbal Insect Bite/Sting Salve
This soothing salve is great for all types of bites and stings.
1/2 teaspoon calendula powder
1/2 teaspoon comfrey powder
1/2 teaspoon chamomile powder
1 tsp plantain powder
1 teaspoon bentonite clay
Vodka, witch hazel or rubbing alcohol
5 drops tree oil
5 drops lavender essential oil
Finally, you have to mix all dry ingredients and store them in a bottle. When you have a bite or sting, mix it with tree oil and full liquid (vodka, alcohol or witch hazel) to create a thick paste. Apply saline to the bite and leave till it dries. Repeat it again as required.
Tips to avoid getting bite by spiders inside your home
When you keep things in storage, ensure everything goes into a sealed bag including a stick of cinnamon, a herb or a sprig of mint. Activate the lights of the closet before reaching your hand to grab your garments
- Always move shoes and shoes out before sliding your foot in.
- Fold the gloves and hat inward and examine the spiders or their eggs
- Wash or shake any bed stored
- Thoroughly inspect sleeping bags before and after camp
- Avoid using bed skirts and dust ruffles
- You need to vacuum curtains regularly to remove spiders, eggs, and webbing
- Keep your bed away from the wall
- Keep cleaning under your bed
- Give all your clothes a good shake before hanging them
- Do not leave clothes on the floor
- Do not keep burnt wood inside
Conclusion – How to Prevent Spider Bites at Home in Bed
These are few of the tips which you can follow and avoid yourself from getting stung by a spider.